Genevieve, you are 17 months old today! You grow more beautiful every day. I feel so blessed to have shared these first 17 months of your life with you. Every day is exciting and filled with laughter. You are so bright and fun to be around. I think your favorite thing to do is to make us laugh!
At 17 months you:
- Weigh 22 pounds and are 29 1/2 inches tall
- Take 1 nap a day around noon
- don’t like taking that 1 nap!
- Wake up around 7
- Go to sleep around 7:30
- Sleep in your crib all night… as of 3 days ago- ha!!
- Love to nurse- “mahp”
- Climb on everything- You are very good at getting up on the couch
- Like to say “sit” when you sit!
- Tell us when you have to go on the potty- sometimes
- Eat all kinds of food- even spicy or strong foods!
- Know every sign I know… and even some of your own
- Speak clearly now! You include the ending sounds of words… you can even say some polysyllabic words clearly like “elbow”
- Repeat everything we say… uh oh!
- Love to give kisses- but you also love to tell us “no” when we ask for a kiss!
- Can put your socks on all by yourself
- Have 8 teeth- 4 top front and 4 bottom front
- Are getting your molars- the top right one has broken through
- Like to shriek
- Count your toes…. “one, two, dah dah dah”
- Eat all by yourself
- Love shoes- especially crocs!
I love you Genevieve. You are truly the most wonderful blessing from God. I thank Him every day for you and could not imagine my life without you. I have come to understand also what a blessing it is to take care of you… wiping your face, cleaning up your toys, preparing your food… I am so privileged to be able to do these things for you. I am honored to be your mother and I know that these things will only last a short while. I cannot believe how quickly these last 17 months have gone. I cherish every day that I spend with you.