Eighteen months seems like a huge milestone Genevieve! You are definitely leaving those baby days behind. You are becoming more and more girly! You LOVE getting dressed up, wearing jewelry, sunglasses, barrettes…. So here are some things you have been doing lately.
At 18 months you:
- Love pretend play- You rock your baby to sleep in her cradle and sing to her. You give Ernie water from your cup.
- Like to watch “animals”- (Planet Earth)
- Like playing with balls- You throw, kick and even catch!
- Love playing in the grass. You run around and then roll around too!
- Put 2 words together- your first sentences!
- Love to sign along with music
- Always want music on in the car
- Remind us to clasp our hands together when we pray.
- Help Daddy get ready for work. You remind him about his shoes, hat, watch, glasses…
- Play for longer independently. You seem more focused lately.
- Love to read Mother Goose rhymes. You say “Goose!”
- Like to listen to your favorite song- “If all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops…” known to you as “Ah ah ah ah”
- Can sing all the words to “Row, row, row your boat”
- No longer sleep through the night =)
- Like to say no!
- Love to go bye bye
- Say “how pretty” about yourself! (Because we say it to you so much!)
- Say “me” and point to yourself
- Weigh 22 lbs. 7 oz.
- Are 30 3/4 inches tall
- Say “oh no!” to just about everything- if you get hurt, drop something, when the monkey in “5 Little Monkeys” falls down and bumps his head, when you pee pee…
Although you are growing, you are still the most beautiful and lovely baby I have ever laid eyes on. I am totally and completely in love with you! I miss you every moment that I am not with you. You are my precious and wonderful gift from God.