Posted in Recipes on July 25, 2009|
Leave a Comment »
Warm Cannellini Bean and Herb Salad
– serves 4 –
Adapted from Verdura: Vegetables Italian Style
2 14 oz cans cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained, about 3 cups
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
Handful basil leaves, chopped
1-2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
4 large sage leaves, finely chopped
salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lemon (I often add zest as well)
1/2 cup good oil cured black olives (optional)
Large handful cooked shrimp (optional)
1. In large sauté pan combine oil, garlic and herbs. Warm over very low heat for about 4 min, or until the garlic and herbs release their aroma.
2. Add the beans (and shrimp if using), salt and pepper to taste, and toss gently. Cook over low heat until the beans are warm and have absorbed the flavors of the olive oil, about 5 min.
3. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Toss very gently, place on a serving platter, and surround with black olives.
Read Full Post »
It feels like just yesterday that I was writing the 18 month post. The months are just flying by.
Well, little Ms. 19 Months has been enjoying this summer weather that has finally come. She LOVES her pool! When we ask Genevieve how she swims, she says, “kick kick kick kick kick!” She splashes around and just has a grand old time in there.
So what else is new at 19 months? Genevieve:
- speaks in multi-word sentences all the time now! It is amazing how fast that transition was!
- recalls information about her day or past experiences. After we went to the zoo and watched the sea lions with their trainers Genevieve told us about the “balls” and “eat fish.”
- talks about her day each night with mommy (and daddy if he is home)
- answers most questions with “M & M’s” and then a big grin!
- finishes phrases in the books we read or says parts like, “No more monkeys” (jumping on the bed)
- is very picky about the music playing in the car. She says “no mama” when she doesn’t like the song.
- says “please” when told no to something.
- doesn’t fit under the refrigerator door anymore!
- says “no es dada” to any man that isn’t daddy!
- loves to sit at her new little table.
- calls an umbrella “Mirabella”
- loves to carry around a little purse with all her belongings
- loves to play the guitar with the pick
- loves to color with crayons and markers
- got her first skinned knee this month. =(
- has all 4 molars
- exclaims “Oh No!” many times each day.
- plays high and low notes on the piano.
- calls out your names if your hands aren’t folded or your eyes are open while saying grace.
- is a beautiful, loving, precious little girl!
Read Full Post »