Charlotte, you are 1 week old! I can’t believe how quickly the days are passing already and how much you have changed in just one week! We went to the doctor yesterday. It was your first time out of the house and you did great! You are so beautiful and precious. We love you so much.
At one week, you…
- weigh 7 pounds 8 ounces (Two days ago you were down to 7 pounds 5 ounces)
- LOVE to nurse! You have been such a great little nurser from the beginning. You are so good at latching on now, you can almost do it all by yourself! When you want to nurse, you stick out your little tongue at first. Then you start trying to suck on your fingers. If I am not holding you, once I have you in my arms you calm right down. I think you are pretty efficient. Sometimes you cough a little because I think you are drinking too fast. You spit up pretty often. We go through lots of clothes each day!
- make the cutest little squeaks and noises. You sound like a little kitten sometimes. You don’t cry very often. Maybe that is because I hold you all day long!
- like to sleep in my arms at night. You nurse lying down and sleep nestled in my arms. You, Genevieve and I all go to sleep at the same time each night. We just moved Genevieve’s crib into the bedroom, so she will have her own little space to sleep in.
- are so strong! You will not stay swaddled for more than 30 seconds!
You have only been in our lives for a week and already we can’t imagine life without you. Your sister, Genevieve is so in love with you. She loves to kiss you and touch you. I have never seen her happier than when she is holding you. Her face just beams with joy. You have given us all so much joy.