And what a glorious three months they have been! You are just the sweetest, most lovely baby! We are starting to see your personality blossom in these last few weeks. You smile all the time now, especially at your sister Genevieve. When you smile, you first open your mouth up so wide. It is so cute! I haven’t been able to get a picture of you smiling like that though. Once you see that camera come out you always stop smiling! You giggle and laugh too now. Oh, I wish I could just bottle those laughs right up. It brings me such joy to watch you laughing. Every time I look at you I can’t help but smile.
- Genevieve usually wakes up first. If Daddy is home he tries to lure her out of the room before she wakes you. Otherwise she wants to say good morning to you and hug and kiss you! We lie in bed together a little longer. If I try to move a little bit, you usually wake right up!
- Once you have a clean diaper we go into the living room and start thinking about breakfast. I hold you or you sit in your bouncy seat while I make/eat breakfast with Genevieve. At some point you start to fuss a little and it is time for a nap!
- Usually I put some worship music on and hold you or put you in the moby wrap while we dance around in the living room. You usually fall asleep really easily this way. You love to sleep in the moby wrap. Once I put you in and put my hand on your head so that you lay it upon my chest you fall right asleep. I love having you in there too! You are snuggled so close to me and I can get a lot done.
- If I don’t put you in the sling then things get a little more complicated! Usually I will sit on the couch with you for a while and try to play with Genevieve. I try to read books to her while you sleep. Inevitably you are awakened by us… and by us I mean Genevieve! It could be a loud toy or her singing, but more often than not it is her trying to kiss you or touch your little hands or feet!
- Sometimes I put you down to sleep in the bouncy chair. That usually doesn’t work out too well. Most of the time you wake up immediately but sometimes you will sleep for 20 or 30 minutes in there.
- The rest of the day is pretty much the same routine! You play on your mat, sit in your bouncy chair or I hold you while you are awake. Then you sleep some more!
- At night time we all go in my bed and we read the Bible together. Then Genevieve lies down in her bed and goes to sleep and we lie down, nurse and go to sleep too. Usually you wake up again after Genevieve goes to sleep and want to have some late night fun! For the past few days though, you have been going to sleep around the same time as your sister.
You are growing so quickly Charlotte. I can’t believe how long you are! When we took you to the doctor at 12 weeks you were 24 inches long and weighed 13 pounds, 12 ounces. You are wearing 3-6 months clothes. (and they fit just perfectly!)
You are getting much stronger every day. When we lie you down on your back you roll onto your side. You love to kick your legs and wave your arms around when you get really excited. You can hold your head up perfectly. You can also bear weight on your legs when I hold your hands. When you are lying on your belly you lift your head up all the way.
You like to play with your hands when you are in the bouncy seat. You look at them and clasp them together. You also like to hold soft toys and put them in your mouth.
You make lots of noises, like ah gah and you like to make gurgling noises. You are starting to drool more this past week too. We always need a burp cloth handy with you! You are still spitting up a lot, but it has gotten a lot better!
You are more and more beautiful every day. I pray that God would continue to watch over you and keep you safe. I pray that not only would you grow stronger and bigger each day, but most of all that you would grow in the knowledge of Him who loves you more than I ever could. You are our precious gift from God and I treasure every moment that I am blessed to spend with you. I love you!