The following is from the book:
Lauren Feder, M.D.
Natural Treatment to Strengthen the Immune System
Administer the following list of remedies 7 days before and after the shot for general strengthening of the body.
- Black Currant (a gemmotherapy herbal preparation for general strengthening) can be given on alternate days with Briar Rose
- Briar Rose (a gemmotherapy herbal preparation for children’s ailments and immue strengthening
- Vitamin C (less than 2 years of age: 100 mg once daily- over 2 years old: 250 mg once a day)
- Juice Plus or other whole-food nutritional products or natural children’s vitamin
- Natural general immune strengthener for children
The following homeopathic medicines can be taken the day of the shot:
- Ledum palustre 30C- for puncture wounds; 3 pellets 1 hour before shot, and 2 doses after the shot (every 12 hours)
- Arnica montana 30C- for local swelling and soreness; 3 pellets given twice a day for 2 days following the shot
- Thuja occidentalis 30C- a general medicine for vaccine effects; 3 pellets twice a day for 3 days following the shot
- Chamomilla 30C- for fussiness following the shot; 3 pellets as needed
- Constitutional remedies- Homeopathy and other forms of holistic medicine can offer a remedy that is chosen specifically for your child to help strengthen or maintain health when needed. Consider seeing a practitioner in your area.